Sunday, October 19, 2014

VA weekend for Haley's wedding ~ Day 1

 
We had the most wonderful weekend in Virginia to celebrate the wedding of David and Haley!  We got to Virginia late on Thursday night.  We stayed the weekend with Great Aunt Helen.  She was the best host.  We were able to spend some good quality time with her between all the running around we had to do.  Like I always say this place is one of our most favorite places to visit.  Thankfully we get to go at least once a year.  Robert was able to meet all the family for the first time at the Rehearsal Dinner.  I don't think I was able to get his pictures with everyone.  Sometimes the camera just isn't handy.  The rehearsal dinner was great.  Food and scenery were unbeatable.  After the rehearsal dinner the kids and Eric went back to Aunt Helen's.  Haley had asked me and Robert to spend the night with her and the other cousins at the farm house.  I was so excited that they wanted me to be a part.  On this property where the rehearsal dinner, and the wedding there is also a farm house that they rent out.  It was the coziest farm house ever.  It was decorated top notch.  It looked like something that you would see in a Southern Living magazine.  I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of it.  I guess we all were just too busy having fun!  I am very close to all of Eric's cousins and love them all.  It was a very special time that I will never forget.  We laughed so hard my stomach hurt, and enjoyed the hot tub overlooking the mountains!  Thanks Haley!!
 
The boys and Aunt Helen walking through her yard to the woods to see the deer.


On Friday we had some time to kill before the rehearsal dinner.  Eric's cousin Brett had a little boy, Abel just 3 weeks after Robert was born.  We enjoyed our visit with them.  All 3 big boys have Lindsey's kids that they love playing with when we are in VA and now Robert and Abel will be best buds when we visit!



Rehearsal Dinner



The crazy Boys
 
Aunt Jenny meeting Robert for the first time

 Robert's name sake: Eric's grandfather

No comments: