Monday, March 14, 2011

Can you believe it?

Yes, it is true, I have started a new journey...I am running.  I began my first run yesterday! I went last Thursday to Runner's Fit and talked to the guy there.  He picked out a pair of shoes that is made for my feet.  They feel so good.  If I am going to do this then I had to get a good pair of shoes.  Now I feel that I am committed!  I am doing a program called Couch to 5k.  You download it to your phone and it alternates running with walking.  It is a 30 minute program.  After 9 weeks of doing this I should be able to run 3 miles straight.  It is a gradual process!  I loved my first night of running and can't wait to do it again tomorrow.  It is 3 days a week for 9 weeks.  I am super excited.  There is a 5k here in the area on June 4th that I am going to sign up for.  My nine weeks would be up the end of May so this 5k fits in perfect!  I will keep you updated on my progress!  

No comments: