Monday, August 23, 2010

J & J Draperies

My precious precious mama made me some beautiful window treatments for my birthday.  I have wanted window treatments FOREVER!  I just didn't want to spend the money on them.  I mentioned it to my  mama and she said that she thought she could make them for you.  A little background on her, she is a very creative woman!  She used to smock all of mine and my sister's dresses when we were little.  I kid you not my closet back home is filled with smock dresses!  They look just like the dresses you find in boutiques.  Next time I am  back home I am going to take pics of some of the dresses she made for us.  With all that said, she is very talented with a needle, thread, and sewing machine.  I knew that she could do these curtains and that they would be more beautiful than I could imagine....and they are!  In July we went out one day and picked out the fabric and she took it home with her.  Her and my dad came in town this past weekend to get them hung before Foster comes.  My dad was a huge huge help with the curtains too!  He is a perfectionist and helped mama put them on the boards, measure, iron, hang, etc.  Whenever he retires, I am sure he will be kept busy with projects for Martha Jane, Kim and I.  We already have a few things that we want daddy to do.  He is an incredible handy man!  We laughed when they were here saying that when he retires that him and mama should go into business making curtains.  They could be called J & J draperies (Jan and John).  They make a great team but I am sure they are not for hire.  I am just one lucky girl to have them for parents!  With all of that said check out these before and after pictures.  It looks amazing!  It was extremely difficult to get clear pictures due to the natural sunlight coming in the windows.  I tried every way imaginable to get decent shots and these were the best I could get.  I am so in love with these!  Thanks mom and dad for all that you do to make your children happy!!!  Love you!

Before Breakfast Room


Before Den

Before Dining Room

Daddy getting ready to hang one in den

Mama hard at work finishing up the trim

Finished product in breakfast room!!!


Finished product in den...beautiful


Finished product in dining room....absolutely stunning!!


3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my, love them. Don't they just finish the room. I am sure my girls are wishing I was able to do that for them

The Dales said...

For real! They look great! I would love window treatments like that! Your mom and dad are very handy!

Jan Walker said...

I think I can leave comments again. I love you and your house does look great. I'm ready for Foster!