Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family Christmas Vacation in Boone NC


Our Cabin, "Journey's End"





The Whole Clan!



Our View from the back porch!



Our View from the Breakfast Room!






Mom and Dad with the little ones




Gran Jan spending quality time with the babies

Pop read lots of books on this trip!



Gran Jan loving her babies!

My 3 boys!


Gran Jan, Pop and the Dad's took the little ones on a nature walk



Eric and Walker ice skating, they were suppose to go tubing but there were too many people so they were not able to go. But the boys did enjoy ice skating!



Auntie Marta Jane playing in the hot tub with Walker and JL



Ellen getting ready to tear up the slopes! I only fell once and that was because my husband tried to snow board, well and he got up and ran into me! Seriously! At least I wasn't trying to be cool like my sister, who thought she was the best skier! She cracked me up. Everytime she would ski by me and say something like, "I'm going to win" and then she would fall! It was hilarious!



Walker playing a little ping pong in the basement! We spent most of our time down there. Mason and Kim brought their Wii and we had a ball bowling! I became slightly addicted to it! Can't wait to get one of our own!



My siblings and mom trying to be productive in the kitchen. I was the smart one and just sat back and took pics! Can't there be too many people in the kitchen? I thought so!

This pic was actually not taken in the mtns. It was taken on Christmas Day! I forgot to post it earlier but thought that it was too cute not to post!
This year for christmas my parents got us a trip to the mountains. We had a great time! We left the Friday after Christmas and then came home the following morning! The house was great! You felt like you were in Cracker Barrel! It was so cozy and had just everything that we needed. We spent alot of time just hanging out in the cabin. There were lots of games from the Wii, pool, ping pong, and sequence! One night mom and dad stayed back with the boys and the big kids all went skiing. Kim actually stayed in the lodge and enjoyed spending some time on the computer while Mason, Martha Jane, Eric, and I enjoyed the slopes! Mason, MJ, and I are all pretty equal skiers! Eric decided this year that he would try snow boarding. He was pretty much on his own but had a great time. Towards the end once he figured it out he joined us. That was so much fun, I wish that I could go ski more often! Anyways, the trip was awesome and I look forward to doing it again! Thanks mom and dad!!!!




No comments: