Thursday, June 23, 2011

New Orleans Trip- Day 1

Eric and I took a little weekend trip to New Orleans a couple of weekends ago.  Eric had to be there Sun-Tues for work, so we decided to make a weekend of it and caught an early flight Friday morning and arrived in New Orleans around 9:00.  We spend all day Friday just walking around downtown checking things out and spent a majority of our day at Pat O'Brien's sitting in the courtyard drinking there famous Hurricanes.  We had a blast just catching up on some uninterrupted conversation.  We ate dinner this night with Eric's boss, Kyle and his wife Sarah.  They are super wonderful people and I was so glad that I finally got to meet him.  We had a fabulous dinner and great wine!!!  Fun times!

Exactly what I pictured


Our first stop Friday morning was Cafe Du Monde.  We heard that we just had to go here for their Beignets. They were delicious and very filling!






Mississippi River

Local Musicians were my favorite part of New Orleans, yes it topped the food in my opinion!

We loved the courtyard here, very peaceful!




Bourbon Street was far more crazy then I even imagined.  Never even knew such a thing could exist! We just had to go check it out Friday night and man oh man....its wild!  I couldn't even imagine what it is like during Mardi Gras!  It was packed the weekend we were there with all the traditions you hear of going on....not our favorite spot for sure!  We ventured out to Frenchman street which was about a 20 min walk, where all the locals hang out.  That was by far our favorite hangout.  Lots of great bars, with great live bands everywhere!


Some of the most beautiful flower boxes I have ever seen!  



No comments: