Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas at my parents aka Pop and Gran Jan

The weekend before Christmas we went to my parents to celebrate Christmas with them. We alternate years between my parents and Eric's parents.
This is a pic of the boys headed out to do a little sleding!







This picture is taken from my parents porch. I had fun acting like a photographer as you will see in the next few shots. Their house and yard is just beautiful. Looks like something out of a Southern Living magazine!!!!!! It is always so cozy and warm! Their back porch as you can see is just like another room in the house, we spend alot of time out there!



My grandma Walker, the boys great grandma came to have brunch and to exchange presents with us and the boys! We enjoyed spending the morning with her! She brought me a snipit(sp?) of her christmas catcus, in a beautiful pot that I will treasure forever. You can read more about the Christmas Catcus here http://bringinghometothecity.blogspot.com/2009/12/2nd-generation-christmas-cactus.html This is my sister Martha Jane who has started a blog and has a posting about the famous christmas catcus from our Grandma Walker



Of course when you are in Inman around Christmas time you have to go to the famous Hollywild Zoo to look at the Christmas lights!


This wig that Henry has on brought so much laughter this weekend. It really made us laugh everytime we saw one of us with it on! Just thinking about it makes me laugh! My dad wore this to the zoo that night and we rode in his big red truck! He acted completely normal and boy did we get some looks! Needless to say I was just a touch embarassed by it but loved that my daddy wore it without thinking twice. I do have a pic of him with it on but wasn't sure if he would want the blog world to see!

As you can see from the pictures, we had a blast! Everything was so much fun! The boys had the best time of their life sledding! To them it was great, they don't know any better. They actually were sledding really fast and super far. They loved going to hollywild and spending time with the family! It was such a great weekend! We had great food(tadpole especially), hot apple cider, coffee cakes galore, fudge, great weather, great gifts, and most importantly spending time with the family!!! Thanks mom and dad!
Here are a few videos of Henry trying to enter the x games. I wish I had my camera out the first time he tried to snowboard on the sled, it was much better then the video I got. And yes, that is the lake that you see him headed towards. Don't worry my dad and I were standing down there ready to catch them! Ha



1 comment:

Jan Walker said...

Ohh that little bright face of Walker's and Henry and that hat and scarf!