Monday, August 10, 2009

Off to Kindergarten!



Walker making his bed!


My Baby!


Mama can't believe it!


So Excited!



Walker's first day of Kindergarten was August 6th. He was so cute and so very excited! We put an alarm clock in Walker's room and set it for 6:45 and we had been telling him the drill for a while now. We wanted him to get up, brush his teeth, put his clothes on, and then go downstairs for breakfast. I got up early that morning before anyone else to get myself together for our big day. I was downstairs making coffee and I looked at the clock and noticed that it was time for him to be waking up. A few minutes later I heard little footsteps upstairs. Eric and I walked up there and that precious baby was standing in front of the sink brushing his teeth. It was so cute! At that point I knew how excited that he was. He did everything so well and even made his bed, which I didn't even tell him that was part of the drill but that works for me. We had pancakes for breakfast and off we went. I was so excited that he was so excited! I was really alot better than I thought! We got him to his room and we went to the Boo Hoo Breakfast which was great. It was really weird not having him around that day. Henry really missed him! For lunch Henry and I went and ate with Kim, Jl, and Mac. Henry looked at us and said, "me wish Walker was here.". That did bring tears to my eyes and couldn't wait to go get Walker from school! Walker had a great first day! He was really tired and hungry. He thought that it would be cool to eat in the cafeteria, but soon found out it was not that good. So needless to say I am packing his lunch everyday (which I would rather do anyways). This is something that I really don't want to forget.... That night at dinner we were talking about Walker's day and the first question Henry asked was, "did you kick any grills (girls)"? Wow, that one going to school is going to be real interesting. Anyways, sorry so long but really wanted to be able to remember all the details of this special day for Walker. We are looking forward to a wonderful school year!!!!

1 comment:

The Hollis Family said...

I feel you, girl! Jenna starts K-5 on Monday- she is thrilled and excited while I am just a big puddle about it all! Both of your boys are just precious!!! Glad I found your blog!

Jeri (Dill) Hollis