Saturday, November 1, 2008

Weekend at Pop and GranJan's







A couple of weekends ago we were in Spartanburg for my 10 year class reunion. Mom and Dad kept the boys for us. Saturday night their church had a bonfire and hayride for the church families. Mom and Dad took the boys and they had a blast! My boys love animals especially Henry! They really had a great time! Walker's favorite thing was the tire swing. He gets this from his mama! When I was a little girl my parents said that all I wanted was a tire swing. One day we were going down the road and I made my dad pull over b/c I saw a tire and I wanted it for my swing. Dad hooked it up to a huge tree in our backyard and boy did we and all the neighborhood kids have a ball on this swing. We had it for years and years! I have to explain it to you so you can get the full picture. Our backyard was a huge hill. The tree that the tire was on was a huge tree. As you can imagine when you are swinging on the tire the higher you go the futher you are from the ground (especially when the backyard is a downhill slope). Well, my dad would get us and pull us backwards and push us as he was running. You really went super high when Daddy pushed us! Well, with all that said one afternoon daddy was pushing me really high and I told daddy that the tire was making a sound. He said, "Oh, Ellen it's just the rope rubbing against the tree". That made complete sense so he kept pushing me. Well, I was as high as I could go and all of a sudden the rope broke and I actually flew in the air and landed in my neighbor's yard. It knocked the breath out of me but mom and dad said that the tire was what saved me. It protected me from getting really hurt. When I saw this picture of Walker on the swing it brought back this memory of me and I thought that I should share it. Ever since then I can truly say that I know what it's like to fly!



No comments: