Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Learning to Write

Today I was upstairs cleaning and when I came downstairs Walker was sitting on the couch playing with his lap board thing that you write on (sorry I can not think of the name, but you know what I am talking about). Anyways, he wouldn't let me look at it until he was done. Once he showed it to me it only took me 2 seconds to read what he wrote. I had trouble reading the first word which is JL (John Lawrence) because he did his J backwards for some reason. The rest was a piece of cake. Can you figure it out? I will tell you at the end of the post. I was completely amazed! He is so smart and all he wants to do is to learn. I am so proud of him and I just hope that this eagerness to learn stays with him forever. By the way he is 4 and will be 5 in December. I know I am bragging about my son but I think that I am just so proud of him. I remember last year when he was in his 3 year old preschool class in his folder there was a worksheet that the kids were suppose to color. There was one streak of yellow crayon on the front and an arrow from the teacher on the bottom. Walker flipped the paper over and wrote 1-20 and the alphabet on the back. The teacher wrote, "This is amazing, he needs to be challenged more". We are just so proud of him! Unfortunatly, he does not get his brains from his mom. I have to give Eric credit for that! Hopefully his smartness will not get him in trouble at school! We will see. Sorry to brag but we are just so proud.
It says, "JL you forgot your motorcycle".

2 comments:

www.theryansandour3sons.blogspot.com said...

That is too sweet! I am so impressed. And by the way, it is always ok to brag on your kids! The kids are getting too big!

The McBrayer family said...

I could totally read that!! Awesome! He's getting so big- that is very good by the way( from a teacher that read phonics everyday for 5 years! Ha!)Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!