Monday, July 14, 2014

Woodlands Camp

The boys were super excited about Woodlands this year.  This year was Walker's 3rd year at camp and Henry's first.  I will say I was completely worried about my Henry.  I have worried about sending him to camp since the day we signed him up.  He is just my worry wart of a child.  He likes to sleep with someone, needs to be reassured all the time, etc.  I knew at camp that he couldn't sleep with his brother and the counselors just wouldn't understand how much anxiety he really has.  Eric kept telling me that he would be ok.  I didn't believe him.  I almost thought about not going to drop them off because I was afraid it would be too hard for me to tell him bye.  Thankfully I was wrong.  He did amazingly well and I felt good leaving him.  It was a long week for me for sure!  I couldn't wait to get back to pick them both up on Friday.  Henry's first words to me were, "that was the best 4 days of my life".  I am so glad that he had such a wonderful time.  It is Walker's highlight of the year.  He looks forward to going to this camp every single year.  It is truly an amazing camp.  I have never seen anything like it!  They can't wait to go back next year. 
 
 






 



No comments: