Saturday, February 1, 2014

Baby to Big Boy in Blink of eye

I honestly can't believe my BABY is no longer in a crib.  He stayed in his crib a lot longer than his other 2 brothers.  He was 3 years and 3 months when we moved him out.  My plans were to keep him in his crib as long as I could.  I really didn't care if he was in Kindergarten and still in his crib.  He had different plans unfortunately.  He had gotten to the point to where he hated his crib.  He would cry and say that he didn't like his crib anymore.  We tried everything we could to keep him in there.  Finally after a couple of months we decided that he was ready.  He has always been my child that loves to sleep.  He has always been a great napper as well.  I knew once I moved him out of crib my chances of a a good nap were probably going to be done.  Also our easy bedtime would turn into a much harder bedtime.  For those reasons and for the reason that he is our baby I didn't want to do it.  With all that said we moved him a couple days after Christmas.  We already had furniture laying around so it was a pretty easy room to adjust.  I still have some big boy decorating to do but other than that it is all good.  He loves his bed and his new "big boy" room.  I was right in my predictions, and we no longer take naps and bed time is not near as easy as it used to be.  However, I do love him walking into our room in middle of night to climb in our bed.  Eric and I love waking up to that sweet little face.  All of our boys have done this and we truly love it.  We cherish these times!  My baby isn't really a "baby" anymore but he will always be our baby! 
 



No comments: